The alchemist



When I read "The Alchemist" it was like I was reading an inspirational book or a parable that Jesus Christ told his followers. I liked the book. It kept me focused whether than thinking of other things. I was intrigued by this book because I never knew what was going to happen next. The author used a lot of detailed description and I got into the story. I liked how the author was basically telling the way of life: not taking things for granted, always keep your head up high, and always seek your "personal legend", as the book would call it. The boy, Santiago, was seeking out his "personal legend" and along the way he was touched by others and learned from them that he should never give up on his hopes and dreams of the future. This inspired me to rethink my life. I used to hold negative thoughts of dreams that I would like to do that were "out of this world" but "The Alchemist" got me to think a little bit. The author was trying to capture the reader and guide him through his dreams and future. He basically said that you can do anything if you just set your mind to it. No matter how far away that treasure is, you must find it and dig it up. This was a tool that inspired me. I enjoyed this book.

No comments: